Skip to content
Sperm volume
An_242716 posted:
Thanks for the updates.

Well i have observed of late that my sperm volume has reduced so much below 1ml,an issue that has brought about trust issues with my wife.
Should i seek medical help,what could be the problem because am not stressed, i take alot of water and i do not smoke either.
Please assist.

Torcal responded:
Go to a Urologist as soon as possible. He might have an infection, prostate enlargement or some other terrible thing. In any event immediate treatment is important.

amyaalc responded:
I agree that you should seek the attention of a local urologist to see what is causing this change in ejaculatory volume. Never what to overlook something...

Amy Perkins, MS, TS
Laboratory Supervisor
Arizona Andrology Laboratory & Cryobank
International Center for Vasectomy Reversal

jon3brn replied to amyaalc's response:
AmyAALC I had a question on sperm count and motile speed. On March 2 and 3rd I had back to back IUIs. On each sperm collection, after sperm washing the total count was 7 million (total 14 million). The first collection the speed was 43 after wash and the second collection was around 38-39 after wash. I am wondering what the percentage of success may be for us with this kind of information?

Background on ME: 100mg Clomid 5-9, produced 9 follies; 5 on the right and 4 on the left. On the right the measurements were 15.44, 26.22, 12.73, 12.26 & 13.53. On the left were 10.76, 10.56, 10.38 & 10.06. My E2 was 1426, LH 8 and just recently my progesterone was >40. I took the ovidrel shot prior to the IUIs and now I am awaiting testing on St. Pattys Day.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Me(28) and DH(28), Married and TTC since April 2008, 3 rounds of clomid no success, 6 month break, Jan and Feb 2012 cancelled cycles due to cysts, Mar. IUIs 3/2-3/3, Testing 3/17

Spotlight: Member Stories

please edit my screen name to helthcare12345

Helpful Tips

Treatments or erectile dysfunction
If you suffer from ED, there are plenty of erectile dysfunction therapy options and treatment erectile dysfunction.Then visit erectile ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.