Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Testicular Sergury
timetracker2643 posted:
Since I've been looking all over, I really didn't know where in the world to post this in the first place, I just figured that I would give it a shot here. I'm trying to find out about the surgery need to be able to produce sperm again. I've only got one testicle and it's been that way since the age of 3 when the other one was removed after not coming down, so I'm trying to find out about repairing it so that way I can be able to have children at long last. Everything works fine, but instead of the seamen being white, they're completely clear. I know that sergury can fix it, but I've been trying to find out the cost for ages, any chance of help on this one at all please. Thanks.

amyaalc responded:
I'm not sure a surgery is the answer for you. You need to seek the attention of a fertility trained urologist who can evaluate an ejaculate and see if you have any sperm production. Semen color does not predict fertility. If no sperm is see in the ejaculate the next step would be a hormone profile to see if you have testicular failure. A physical exam by the doctor will also help evaluate any problems like absence of vas deferens so the sperm is not able to be ejaculated but possibly still being produced. One testicle can produce plenty of sperm for normal fertility.

Make an appointment and have an analysis done to get the process started and hopefully you will quickly have the answers you need.

Amy Perkins, MS, TS
Laboratory Supervisor
Arizona Andrology Laboratory & Cryobank
International Center for Vasectomy Reversal

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello All. My husband and I have been TTC baby # 2 since July 2010 so we are 17 months of trying. I will say it is much easier having my son now. He i...More

Helpful Tips

Treatments or erectile dysfunction
If you suffer from ED, there are plenty of erectile dysfunction therapy options and treatment erectile dysfunction.Then visit erectile ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.