Skip to content
increased sperm count after testosterone pellets
bullbfd posted:
Im 29 years old and have a test level of 70. My endo is sending me to a urologist to start me on testosterone implantable pellets. Now when my wife and I are ready to try to have a baby will hcg help my count go back up? My endo said once i start test therapy I will always need it and It will cause my sperm count to go down and I might have to do AI to get her pregnant. Haven't seen the urologist yet but i am sure they will say I can get off the pellets and start hcg or something temporarily to have a baby. help please

amyaalc responded:
Do you know why your testosterone is continuously low? I would want that answered 1st if I was in your shoes to get a grasp on what is going on with my body.

The testosterone is not good if you want to get your wife pregnant because it will lower your sperm production.

The hcg injections, often combined with arimidex, should help boost your naturaly testosterone production and kick up that sperm production.

Your local urologist, if possible look for one with training in andrology and male factor infertility, should be able to try this hcg therapy and address your low fertility.

Good luck!

Amy Perkins, MS, TS
Laboratory Supervisor
Arizona Andrology Laboratory & Cryobank
International Center for Vasectomy Reversal

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had my sperm analysis after I stopped using the Testosterone for 2 month. And my sperm count shoot to 0.60 !!!! before was 12.000000 . My urologis...More

Helpful Tips

Treatments or erectile dysfunction
If you suffer from ED, there are plenty of erectile dysfunction therapy options and treatment erectile dysfunction.Then visit erectile ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.