Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
not sure what else to do....
amandab57 posted:
my husband and i have been trying to conceive for the past 1 1/2. We first went o the doctor because we figured it was my fault because i hd been on depo provera for 6 yrs straight. i finally got off of it the doctor prescribed me meds to get my cycle back. my periods have been regular for a while now other than they are off a few days and it stays on for about 2 weeks at times.my uterus, cervix is fine according to my annual exams.. so we got back on track with things and he got checked from the doctor...1st SA-march 14th 2012 came back zero sperm..blood work results everythings fine...testicular ultrasound results came back good...some what soft testicles...2nd SA-august 27th 2012 results volume 2.5..pH 8.0..WBC/HPF <1.0..viscosity 1.5..agglutination-no..crystals-no..liquef time- <30..gel-yes abnormal high..concentrate..%motile..total motile..grade 0.0 zero sperm-azoospermia- abnormal low..also the doctor say FSH is low..we are not sure as of when our next appt is because we are on a waiting list to go to a clinic..if theres any advice or anything thing that you may recommend would be greatly appreciated..are there meds that could help him? please please please help us....

amyaalc responded:
If his hormonal balance is off he could possibly have hypogonadism and hormone therapy, HCG injection, is often used to balance hormones so sperm production starts.

Genetic screening can also be done to see if the no sperm production is due to a genetic abnormality.

Testicular biopsy is an option. A small piece of tissue is removed from the testicle to check for sperm production. If sperm is found it can be using for in vitro fertilization (IVF).

Further workups on his end are a must to get to the bottom of the azoospermia, no sperm in the ejaculate. Seek an urolgoist with fellowship training in male factor infertility, might have to travel for the best possible care.

Amy Perkins, MS, TS
Laboratory Supervisor
Arizona Andrology Laboratory & Cryobank
International Center for Vasectomy Reversal

Spotlight: Member Stories

please edit my screen name to helthcare12345

Helpful Tips

Muscle Building Motivation
who those people are that she can count on I okay say goodbye my she's cast doubt heard if I don't speak to her on no yeah she's in my ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.