Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Clomid vs HCG with tamoxifen to reverse the effects of Testosterone Therapy
An_249781 posted:
My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant. He has been on testosterone therapy for hypoganidsm over a year and a half using axiom. He also had heat stroke a couple of months before his original spem test and the test revealed a low sperm count. Although the heat stroke could be a probable cause his docotor now aware of the side effects of testosterone for fertility has offered clomid at 50mg dialy to increase sperm count and aslo allow him to maintain his now normal testosterone levels. I heard the side effects can be difficult to deal with. I was wondering if anyone can share their treatment information and success to reverse the effects of testosterone or ultimately increase sperm production. I have heard that HCG along with tamoxifen can also help this condition. What's the most common?

amyaalc responded:
The Clomid is a good place to start and has minimal side effects in men. If numbers do not improve it may take the HCG injections to get the response needed to return that fertility.

If it is only a low testosterone level the Clomid should work but his he has low testosterone production due to an imbalance in FSH and LH the HCG will be the best treatment.

Amy Perkins, MS, TS (ABB)
Laboratory Supervisor
Arizona Andrology Laboratory & Cryobank
International Center for Vasectomy Reversal

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello All. My husband and I have been TTC baby # 2 since July 2010 so we are 17 months of trying. I will say it is much easier having my son now. He i...More

Helpful Tips

Treatments or erectile dysfunction
If you suffer from ED, there are plenty of erectile dysfunction therapy options and treatment erectile dysfunction.Then visit erectile ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.