Skip to content
Low morphology related to miscarriages?
jaw32 posted:
I am new to the forum but joined because I have a very specific question. My wife and I have been TTC for over two years. We both have been through tests. My wife's tests have been good, whereas my SA has revealed that I have 0% morphology on the strict scale. Just when I believed we would never conceive naturally, we found out we were pregnant, but unfortunately had a miscarriage at 7 weeks. After taking some time to evaluate our options, once again expectantly, we found out we are pregnant yesterday. But I am terrified that my low morphology was the original cause of the first miscarriage and this pregnancy will eventually lead to another. Are there any success stories out there of successful natural pregnancies with such a low morphology? Or is another miscarriage likely in our near future as a result of my infertility. Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated.

jaw32 responded:
To add a little more info: I already have been to a urologist where I was diagnosed with a varicocele, which I had an operation to correct. I exercise daily, don't smoke, drink occasionally, but not in excess.

amyaalc responded:
Low sperm quality or morphology can be the cause of the miscarriage but there are also many other causes to so hard to pinpoint the exact reason.

Try a fertility supplement like FertilAid for Men to help improve that morphology.

Keep us posted on how this pregnancy goes.

Miscarriages are part of nature's survival of the fittest and needed to ensure the birth of healthy babies.

Amy Perkins, MS, TS (ABB)
Laboratory Supervisor
Arizona Andrology Laboratory & Cryobank
International Center for Vasectomy Reversal

moonpie0417 responded:
My husband and I were ttc for nearly a year when his SA came back with 0% morphology, 98% severely amorphous and 2% immature. Everything else was on the low end of normal range. We were told we would need IVF w/ICSI but the very next month we were pregnant on our own. That was the first positive pregnancy test I ever had in my life and was scared to death. I read so many things about morphology and wondered if I would miscarry or have a child with medical issues. I can report that she is now a year old and she is healthy, beautiful and very smart. We are now wondering if we will conceive again naturally on our own but I will say that it is possible to give birth to a healthy child with 0% morphology.

jaw32 replied to moonpie0417's response:
Thanks, moonpie for the response. My wife is currently in her 13th week of pregnancy. We are still nervous because of all of our issues that we have had in the past, but we are praying that my wife and baby continue to stay healthy! Hopefully our stories can give other couples hope.

hope1980 replied to moonpie0417's response:
thanks moonpie0417 for such a positive story. we are in the same bucket. i am completely healthy now(had elevated prolactin in the past but have been taking medication) but we just found out that my husband has 0% morphology. we are going to give vitamins/acupuncture and other lifestyle changes before we jump into ivf/icsi. but its good to know people do get pregnant on their own and then give birth to beautiful and healthy babies. its very inspiring for us so thank you

hope1980 replied to jaw32's response:
Good luck jaw32. i am in the same boat as you guys with my husband 0% normal morphology. keep us posted

Spotlight: Member Stories

please edit my screen name to helthcare12345

Helpful Tips

Prostatitis also can be a cause of infertility
[a name="OLE_LINK1" title="Link: undefined">It is known to all that the low quality of sperm is the major cause of infertility, but is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.