Skip to content
Semen Analysis Discussion
An_250559 posted:
I need some experts comments of below report. My PUS Cells 8-10 which are more than standards (1-2). I need your expert opinion to overcome this problem. Kindly also advise about my other tests after go through below report.I will highly thankful to you in this regard. Thank you
SEMEN REPORT IS AS UNDER:
Volume 2.10 mL
Color Creamy White
Consistency Thick
Reaction Alkaline
Liquification 30 MIN AT 37 C
PUS Cells / WBC 8-10 / HPF
RBCs 1-2 / HPF
Epithelial Cells RARE
Sperm Count 90 MILLION / ML
Active 65%
Sluggish 10%
Dead 25%

amyaalc responded:
To start with your sperm production looks good and motility or active sperm also looks normal. 2.1 ml x 90 mil/ml = 189 million total sperm count x 65% active motility = 122.85 million total motile, normal fertility is 15 million or higher.

The elevated round cells count or PUS cells/WBC is concerning and you may need a round of antibiotics. WBC = white blood cells, elevation of these cells can indicate infection or inflammation within the male reproductive tract. You should talked to your doctor about epididymitis or prostatitis. These are both very treatable and usually a round of antibiotics will take care of things. Retest a semen analysis following completion of the treatment to see in WBC count is back down.

Amy Perkins, MS, TS (ABB)
Laboratory Supervisor
Arizona Andrology Laboratory & Cryobank
International Center for Vasectomy Reversal

An_250559 replied to amyaalc's response:
Dear Amy,

Many thanks for your response. Does PUS Cells 8-10 is worried situation for a male or its normal and covered with improved diet, excercise, to drink plenty of water etc or I should take it seriously to use medicine? Please advise

Further I married since October 17, 2012 but not yet my wife conceived. What should I do for her conceiving?

Her menstrual cycle is consistant with around 26 days and we sex on ovulation period days like from 10 to 18 days. But so far we are failed to conceive a baby. Please guide as we want a baby.

Last month her menstrual cycle started before 6 days. Is it worried thing or normal? Kindly advise

I need your response in details, I will be highly thankful to you in this regard.

Thank you

amyaalc replied to An_250559's response:
The high cell count needs addressed by your local urologist ASAP.

The diet and lifestyle improvements should improve your fertility so I do recommend making those changes but you must get that possible infection treated. Infections was weaken and damage your sperm cells.

If you have been actively having unprotected intercourse for 1 year you need to have both the male and female evaluated for infertility. If you've only been trying for the past few months keep trying at at that 9-12 month mark start those fertility workups to see why after 12 months conception has not happened. It can take time to achieve pregnancy and this is why most fertility experts like you to actively try for 12 consecutive months before becoming concerned with fertility.

Make sure not only do you need to make these lifestyle changes but your wife as well. A number of factors like age, weight, regularity of cycle, stress levels, smoking, drinking can have huge impacts of female fertility.

Regular intercourse, every other day, after your wife stops her period or using an ovulation calendar to know the time of the month your wife is ovulating or most fertile will help improve your timing for intercourse and chances for conception.

Amy Perkins, MS, TS (ABB)
Laboratory Supervisor
Arizona Andrology Laboratory & Cryobank
International Center for Vasectomy Reversal

Respected Amy,

Many thanks for your kind response. I would appreciate if you advise the tablets for recovery of excessive PUS Cells which caused infection.

As per normal male PUS Cells should be 1-2

After using that I will again arrange my semen analysis and will let you know accordingly.

Thank you

An_250559 replied to An_250559's response:
Respected Amy,

Today I discussed with my local urologist about my PUS Cells and shown him my semen report as well.

He recommended me to use Novidat Tablets (500 Mgs) for 10 days, after that problem will be resolved.

Kindly comment on recommended tablet. Thank you

Thanks for the update and glad your local urologist treated you quickly.

Dear Amy,

I really appreciate your guidance & support.

Here I would like to share with you a good news, my wife has been pragnant and I am going to become a father in future

I am really so much happy

God bless you a lot......................

Thank you

Congratulations!

Dear Amy,

Please see below my wife message and reply plz.

Please note my pregnancy 7th week is going on, but my health is not well. I dont feel hunger all the times, and I have too much weakness.

My Hemogoloban level is 9.7, my local doctor advised me Mostitide Syrup to increase my epitite but so far its not effective. What I have to do in this situation?

I am also facing vomitting problem especially when I take milk. My height is 5.4ft and my weight was 51 Kgs but now my weight has been reduced to 49 Kgs. All the times I have nausea feelings.

Please guide me in this situation as I am too much worried and too much disturbed.

I need your prompt response in this regard
I will be highly thankful to you

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had my sperm analysis after I stopped using the Testosterone for 2 month. And my sperm count shoot to 0.60 !!!! before was 12.000000 . My urologis...More

Helpful Tips

Do not underestimate the Orchitis, identify treatment is the key
Orchitis usually have three main symptoms: Pain When one gets the orchitis, he would first show the feeling of pain, such as the touch ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.