Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My Semen Analysis Report
raza1234 posted:
Dear Users and Doctors,

Today, I have done my semen analysis as recommended by my doctor. Below, I am providing all the details of my Semen Analysis Report. Please guide me either all the values are in respected range or do I need any medication or treatment?

I am waiting for your kind and quick response.

Gross Examination:
Quantity: 3.0 ml.
Color: Grayish White
Appearance: Turbid
Reaction (PH): 8.0
Total Sperm Count: 130 Million/ml
Morphology:
Normal Spermatozoa: 70%
Head Defects: 15%
Tail Defects: 10%
Midpiece Defect: 5%
Motility:
Active Motile: 70%
Sluggish: 10%
Non-Motile: 20%

amyaalc responded:
Your fertility looks great!

To keep the numbers easy we first access 3 main areas: volume, count and motility.

3.0 ml x 130 mil/ml = 390 million total sperm count x 70% motility = 273 million total motile (active) in the ejaculate

273 million total motile is fantastic! Based on the WHO 5th edition for Examination ofd processing of human semen 15 million total motile or higher is classified as normal or within fertile parameters.

Your morphology or normal forms is also very high at 70%. Not sure testing methods since that will vary greatly. With a Strict criteria testing method anything in the range of 4% or higher is normal and with Who 4th 30% or higher is normal.

I don't think you have anything to worry about when it comes to your fertility!

Amy Perkins, MS, TS(ABB)
Laboratory Supervisor
Arizona Andrology Laboratory & Cryobank
International Center for Vasectomy Reversal

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello All. My husband and I have been TTC baby # 2 since July 2010 so we are 17 months of trying. I will say it is much easier having my son now. He i...More

Helpful Tips

Mycoplasma infection can lead to male infertility
Mycoplasma, a sexually transmitted disease, not only can be affected via sexual contact, but also by sharing towel or poll with STD ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.