Skip to content
Please check My Semen Report and Guide me on this.
Being_Human posted:
Hi There,

Below is my Semen Report:-

Method of collection : Manipulation

Physical Examination:-

Quantity : 3.0 ml
Colour: Whitish
Liquification time: 30 mins
Viscocity: Normal

Chemical Examination :-

Fructose: Present
PH: Alkaline

Microscopic examination:-

Sperm Count: 89 mill/ml

Motility of Spermatozoa

A)Rapid Linear : 15 %
Progressive (Gr.IV&III)

B)Sluggish Linear : 35%
Progressive (Gr.II)

A&B Total Forward : 50%
Progressive

C) Non Progressive : 15%

D) Non Motile : 35%

Microscopic Findings:

Pus Cells Ocasional hpf

Please let me know if this is OK.
i also have varicocele on left Testicle.

amyaalc responded:
3 ml x 89 mil/ml = 267 million total count (normal range based on WHO 5th Edition is 40 million or higher)

Your total count looks great!

267 mil x 50% progressive motile = 133.5 million total motile "swimmers" (normal range based on WHO 5th Edition is 15 million or higher)

Your total motile looks great as well!

The rapid linear motility could be higher but with a nice high total count it all balances out in the end. The varicocele is likely the cause...

Pregnancy should be possible based on these numbers. Have you been trying?

Amy Perkins, MS, TS (ABB)
Laboratory Supervisor
Arizona Andrology Laboratory & Cryobank
International Center for Vasectomy Reversal

Being_Human replied to amyaalc's response:
Thank you so Much Amy for the Reply......I am not married yet my age is 26...I am having itching problem from a longer time so thought to consult to doctor.He took the ultra sound and informed me that you have varicocele on left testicle...Could you please suggest how to deal with it as i dont want to suffer in future.I am a sports person aswell so have to do heavy workout but due to this problem i am stuck....Awaiting for a good solution.

amyaalc replied to Being_Human's response:
You and your urologist need to weigh the pros and cons of moving forward with the varicocelectomy. Take care of it now or manage the varicocele and itching sensation would be the main debate to have with your urologist.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello All. My husband and I have been TTC baby # 2 since July 2010 so we are 17 months of trying. I will say it is much easier having my son now. He i...More

Helpful Tips

Treatments or erectile dysfunction
If you suffer from ED, there are plenty of erectile dysfunction therapy options and treatment erectile dysfunction.Then visit erectile ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.