Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please see the new Men's Sexuality exchange. It is suggested that this exchange be geared to men's health issues.
Shower/Urination
Ramases posted:

Take the Poll

Guys even if you have urinated lets say even an hour before taking a shower do you still have to urinate when the water starts running? Lets take a poll to see what our members will do.
  • Never have to urinate or go before showering.
  • Sometimes I feel the urge, but I can handle it.
  • Feel like your bladder is going to burst, but hold it.
  • Get out of the shower and urinate.
  • Say "oh well" and urinate while showering.
vote
View Poll Results
FirstPrevious12NextLast

asm223 responded:
I always urinate while I am taking a shower. Also love to urinate outside when ever I can. I love it

shortman_eric responded:
I normally urinate in the shower just because it's usually the first thing I do in the morning so my bladder's full and there's an open drain.

Funny enough, they actually ran an ad campaign in Brazil a little while ago encouraging people to pee in the shower, to save water from flushing the toilet.

Alexco35 responded:
I never like to do this, I usually get out of the shower and go to the toilet...lol

zoom1969 responded:
I admit I usually pee in the shower

calvinrankin7 replied to zoom1969's response:
why would anyone not pee in the shower?

Runningguy61 replied to calvinrankin7's response:
I amit - I pee in the shower regularly. The sound of the water makes me need to go.

RuBare2 responded:
No big whoop! I "tinkle" in the shower too..

GQ1985 responded:
I do not urinate in the shower, at home or public. This thread makes me realize why I sometimes see men wearing flip-flops in the shower at the gym!

goingcommando replied to GQ1985's response:
I'm one who wears flip-flops to the shower because of the unsanitary practice of most of the posters to this thread. I wonder how many don't wash their hands after using the toilet?

Trouble_Jones replied to goingcommando's response:
I've gotta say that I'm completly suprised that I'm in the minority on this one. One word sums up my reaction....WOW!!!

kevbo48 responded:
I mostly go before I shower, unless I feel the need to go right away while in the shower. Then I go in the shower.

ryu2008 replied to asm223's response:
I sometimes do I sometimes don't. when at the Gym or elsewhere I don't but at home typically I do. and this is not the only reason why I wear flip flops in the shower in the gym. it's for the whole sanitary purposes.

Eugenio311 replied to ryu2008's response:
At home yes, but always aim for the drain. Haven't done it in the gym shower.

Gymaddict replied to Eugenio311's response:
Never. Too much consideration for my wife who would freak out if I did this.

Hygeine Issues? Dont you all think the shower is healthier when we use the commode for this? Or the outdoors(great!!!!)

Interesting Question: How many of you who practice this have wives who know you do it? Are they okay with this?

Helpful Tips

More Discussions
Hey guys not sure if anyone else caught on but I just figured out at the bottom of the threads there is a link that says "more dicussions" ... More
Was this Helpful?
130 of 195 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.