Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please see the new Men's Sexuality exchange. It is suggested that this exchange be geared to men's health issues.
Just curious
Married88 posted:
Ok so I am a woman and have been stalking this sight for quite a while. I am 45 and have been married for 21 years,we have two boys. As a wife I have to say I have been surprised by alot of the posts on this sight!! I am not passing judgement, but reading some of this posts makes me think twice about what my husband is thinking. We have an active sex lffe we have oral sex often (one of my husband favorites) but with all this talk about being with other men I wonder if he doesn't feel the same way.Gymguygreg you always post how you and your wife have a great sex life yet... you would like to be with a man. Does she know this??? I am in no way singling you out I have enjoyed many of your posts but being married I am in your wifes shoes and wonder if most men think this way?? I happened upon this site and just wanted to find out what guys really think. I hope I haven't offended anyone.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

goingcommando responded:
Married88:

You pose a great question. Remember that those who post on this site are should not be considered a majority of men since there are really very few men who post on this site compared to all the men in this country.

In your post you said, "As a wife I have to say I have been surprised by alot of the posts on this sight!" I've come to realize that most of the posts have nothing to do with "Man to Man" issues but this is a place to titillate and arouse each other with masturbatory practices and test the waters to see how far out one can get with sexual practices.

If other men are reading this site and feel the same as I do, they won't post their thoughts because they know that they will be shot down as narrow-minded, prudish, judgmental bigots even though the "mantra" is this site is open to all comments.

If I were the wife of some of these guys, I would wonder about the faithfulness of my husband not only in the behavior that they say they desire or practice but also that they harbor these thoughts in their minds and lust after them. Unfaithfulness starts in the mind.

The big mantra here is to seek after sexual pleasures any way you can get it, but make sure you don't offend anyone by saying anything against it since no one should be judging anyone else. It is a very narcissistic environment.

I will be shot down for this. But, that is fine. Somebody needs to give the majority report.

In regard to your husband of 21 years...congratulations on your commitment. If you feel comfortable asking him about some of the things you have read on this site, that may relieve your mind but I wouldn't worry too much.

Lastly, I would stay away from this site...it is not healthy thinking or living.

gymguygreg responded:
Married88,

Although I am very happily married and lead a striaght lifestyle, I fully believe we are all born with our sexuality and I happen to be bisexual. Earlier in our marriage I did talk to my wife about my fantasies but she pushed them aside. To this day if I see a male who I find attractive, I very openly let my wife know about it. She is willing to throw in her comments but that is as far as it goes.It is obvious to me she doesn't want to talk about it past that level.

I can not speak for most men to know how they think. I can only say that many people, both male and female, have fantasies. Unless we let them rule us, I think fantaises can actually fuel the fire in our real relationships. Talking about things we talk about here gives me an outlet for this side of me. As Commando says, there are many posts here that are tittilating rather than about serious health issues. I look at it that it is serving my mental health to be able to share my feelings here.

If your husband has made you happy for 21 years, that says a lot. Before judging him, remember as you are reading posts on this site, we are a small group of guys who are here becasue of the topics and camaraderie of other men who either think like us or put up with us. There are way more guys out there who don't seek out discussions like this.

I hope this addresses at least some of what you are wondering about me or men in general.

Greg

GQ1985 responded:
Married88,
As a straight guy, I have wondered the same. Thanks for bringing this up. And, guys thanks for answering.

For me, I am beginning to think of starting another page where some of us can go without so much of such talk. I get tired of it personally.

John-SKPT replied to GQ1985's response:
Maybe some are just having the "gee, I wonder what I might have missed?" syndrome.

I'm gay and have been 'out' since I was 14. But I have on occasion had sex with women. Was I just experimenting? Probably. Just to see what 'the other side' might be like? Probably. Seeing what I was missing? Probably.

An_206072 responded:
Hi married88,
I'm a woman also, who sometimes lurks here, simply because I'm curious as to what goes on in a man's brain. I thought maybe I could get a glimpse into my husbands mind, the part he doesn't share with me.

I wouldn't worry about all men or even most men having same sex desires. I think this board is just a small grouping of like minded men who have a safe place to share such thoughts. Remember that only those with curiosity would stay here and post frequenbtly about such thoughts. I think that the majority of men would only give it a glance, see the same sex conotations or inuendos, and move on.

On a side note just as a previous poster said, this board does seem to be pretty sexually charged. It would be nice I think for men to have a place to talk openly without all the sex talk?

RuBare2 replied to An_206072's response:
I am beginning to agree with several of the posts over the sexually charged topics.

Therfore, I have set up a board "Mens Sexual Issues" so those not wanting to read/participate won't have to sift through to find the answers to health/medical/everyday issues.

John-SKPT replied to RuBare2's response:
The additional forum probably is a good idea, but I read the intro to the new one and I'm still not sure what should go where.

Since this section has been established longer, it might be difficult to steer one or the other topic to one section or the other.

Perhaps an editing of the topic definitions would clear this up. (I think that this feature was discussed in the beta-version testing of the new software, but I cannot recall exactly.)

RuBare2 replied to John-SKPT's response:
John,
Thank you for your input... I set up the forum so that we could have a better place to discuss things of sexual nature. I would love your assistance (and others on what should/could be talked about there. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Feel free to email me on what you think I should put as the definitions.

John-SKPT replied to RuBare2's response:
I think it will work, it's just that the "Man-To-Man" topic has been the one that everyone got used to on the old format, so it may require a bit of patience before most new visitors find their way to the new location.

And since there is some crossover between genital and prostate medical health issues with sexual function subjects, there will probably always be a little blending of the borders between the two.

GQ1985 replied to John-SKPT's response:
No, John, that's not it at all. I have "experimented" enough to know that I have not missed anything that appeals to me at all.

GQ1985 replied to RuBare2's response:
RuBare2,
I think that is a great idea. I was thinking of starting a forum called Straight Talk that would deal with health and even sexual issues, but would be designated to avoid the homo-erotic issues that seem to be prominent here.

An_206073 replied to GQ1985's response:
Way to go GQ1985! Thanks for speaking up! Not everyone wants to read these man hook up reports or fantasies! You are on the right track! Hang in there!

ryu2008 replied to John-SKPT's response:
Like what I have mentioned to my previous response to other members. if the topic is not for them just don't post any comment.

An_206074 replied to ryu2008's response:
RYU, are you practicing what you just posted? I think not!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey guys, 25 year old man here learning from what I read. Thanks! Sonnypavlik@yahoo.com

Helpful Tips

B
Does any one have a recommendation on a brand of boxer briefs that hold their shape throughout the day? I have Hanes 100% cotton boxer ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 58 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.