Skip to content

Announcements

Please see the new Men's Sexuality exchange. It is suggested that this exchange be geared to men's health issues.
help with sometihing
friend7889 posted:
Hi there
Im 38 and I was abused when I was younger around 15.
Im on depression pills because what happen about 3 years now.

I been living like a herman for long time.

I need help here and to learn about alot things...

maybe someone can help me?

John-SKPT responded:
I hope that you will feel at home and safe in this community.

None of us are probably experts on psychology, but among the folks here, we have each been through a lot of different stuff. So maybe some can share with you and listen to you. At least you will not feel so alone and isolated.

friend7889 replied to John-SKPT's response:
I changed some when I been taken the pills. My problems is more when u think I dont I really want to post on here. someone may know what it may be...

Paulnewyork replied to friend7889's response:
Friend,
You need to go to malesurvivor.org. It is a site for men who have been sexually abused. It is 6000 men who know exactly what you feel like. It is safe. They will help. You are NOT alone...it was not your fault. email me if you want to talk.
Paul

Alexco35 responded:
Hi there friend7889, I have posted in a previous post regarding the same situation. except that I was 12 at the time I was sexually abused by an adult male. I wont go into full details on this post however I have recently (3-4 years ago) worked with a therapist that helped me deal with some self-deteriorating issues... I am also 38. like you I supressed my feelings for years.. it is unhealthy.. (mentally and physically) I too am taking anti-depressants and sometimes feel like a hermit at home by myself all the time... if you would like to talk more my email is indsmx@aol.com, thanks

friend7889 replied to Paulnewyork's response:
thank you for the reply

friend7889 replied to Alexco35's response:
thank you for your reply I would like to talk to u and may help me some too... I put u in my aol. may be when go on line we can talk ...

Helpful Tips

More Discussions
Hey guys not sure if anyone else caught on but I just figured out at the bottom of the threads there is a link that says "more dicussions" ... More
Was this Helpful?
130 of 195 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.