Skip to content

Announcements

Please see the new Men's Sexuality exchange. It is suggested that this exchange be geared to men's health issues.
Cut off
rusty_s posted:
My girlfriend and I have been together for just over eight months now, and started being sexually active at about the end of the first month and we "mesh" together very well in the bedroom, I think. We have gotten pretty serious over the months and have become very close, physically. Recently she expressed that she has been feeling very convicted about us having sex before marriage and that we need to stop. At first it was ok, but then it went from no sex to no more spending the night together, no oral, no hardly anything. I love her very much and want to respect her in this matter, and I understand where she is coming from, to an extent, it's just getting very difficult. I miss being as close as we were and I feel like our physical relationship just keeps getting downgraded.
Has anybody else been through a similar situation?
Any tips/recommendations as for how to get used to this or accept it or what to do?

GaMale770 responded:
Sounds to me like you're already married.

Let me tell you something my friend, don't think for a minute that just because you get married you'll be getting it everytime you want it.

In fact, you'll probably get cut off more once you're married than you are now. She'll come up with every excuse in the book why she don't want to have sex (on her period, headache, kids, tired, etc) the list goes on, so get used to it.

RevoHor replied to GaMale770's response:
I disagree with that, GaMale. I'm married and my wife wants sex more often than I do. Not every wife disdains sex.

Rusty, I don't know why your girlfriend is refusing to have sex now. Maybe it's a religious or spiritual thing, maybe she just wants to turn over a new leaf in her life, maybe it's something else. The point is, she's a changing person and if you love her and are committed to her, you need to change with her in this. Abstinence isn't a negative thing in a relationship unless you're married. My wife and I committed to not have sex with each other at all, in any way, until we were married, and we're glad we made that decision. Instead, we found other ways to express our love and devotion to each other. I'd say channel your energy into loving her in other ways and growing more deeply in love with her as you do it.

GaMale770 responded:
RevoHor.

Consider yourself one of the licky ones.

My apologies, I didn't mean for it to sound as if every woman was like that. I was just letting him know that it she's that way now, it will probably not get any better if/when he marries.

Now, to say that maybe it is becauase of Regligous/Spritual reasons, don't you think it's a little too late for that. They've already been haveing sex so saving it (Virginity) for until marriage is completely out of the question.

GaMale

texas7t replied to GaMale770's response:
sounds like your great friends.. No sex, but love to spend time together..
Not every man and woman are the same.. but for the most part....

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 20 year old college student who graduated from a small private school in a small town. Not much to do but hang out with friends and go to th...More

Helpful Tips

B
Does any one have a recommendation on a brand of boxer briefs that hold their shape throughout the day? I have Hanes 100% cotton boxer ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 58 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.