Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please see the new Men's Sexuality exchange. It is suggested that this exchange be geared to men's health issues.
Yellow sperm
texas7t posted:
when I masturbate then I shoot a good amount, but it is yellowish. the first half is more or less like urine and the last qourter of it is runny white. not a thick white like others.. .. I'm 45 180 lbs. active. ..

Ramases responded:
texas7t,
Semen can be a yellowish color and also be runny white in color, too! This is not an abnormal thing to happen. It is a little shocking when you are use to seeing white semen all the time. As long as you are having no problems with ejaculation or urination than I would not worry about it. If you are still concerned than you should see your own physician or urologist. As long as the equipment is still working than I say use it and wank away and enjoy!

Contemplating19 responded:
Depending on many factors including frequency of ejaculation, diet, general health, etc., the volume, consistency and color of the semen can vary.

A yellow cast to the semen, as you have noted, is very common and a variation of normal. If you take multivitamins, this may be a cause. Although there is no need to be medically concerned, stopping the vitamin supplement may help.

Thickened semen usually occurs if one ejaculates infrequently and is due to concentration of that portion formed in the seminal vesicles.

Occasional clear semen is not a specific sign of disease. A brown or red tint to the semen is a sign of bleeding, usually from the prostate gland. Although prostate bleeding is generally of a benign nature, it is best to have this evaluated by a urologist.

Spotlight: Member Stories

address the ball... "hello ball"

Helpful Tips

Aftershave for Penis Shaft and Scrotum Shave
According to the poll we have on whether you shave your equipment or not the results as of today are 80 shave, 17 don't. Clearly the ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 11 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.