Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please see the new Men's Sexuality exchange. It is suggested that this exchange be geared to men's health issues.
cant describe it! help please!
An_206205 posted:
ok...I was wondering if anyone else had this problem?
-i am a relatively hairy guy...not really likin it. but i have some hair in areas it probably shouldnt be. in reference im talkin about my anus...i shave this area maybe once every week. and i wondered if this could be a problem? also when i move a bowel i wipe more than i should to ensure that i am clean down there...but it takes a while...how do i fix this?
- also how do i ensure that my anus stays clean? like do i wash it in the shower? is soap and water ok?

please help me!!! sorry for all the questions....thanks so much

and also you probably think that i am weird...=(

otter051069 responded:
No you're not weird, I have the same issue. What I have found to work pretty good is to dampen my toilet paper(not soaked) and wipe with that, maybe 2-3 of those and that usually does it.

As far as the shower, I wouldn't get to zealous down there with the soap, you'll wind up getting itchy and then it's on to another problem. I usually just let the warm water run down my back and use ( I don't mean to gross you out) my fingers to GENTLY wash that area. When you dry off, just pat it dry.

I have trimmed that area, not shaven before and that seems to help. Would be interested to know how much of a pain shaving is and if it does help. Good Luck!!!

An_206206 replied to otter051069's response:
hey thanks so much for the help...i had thought of that but never done it...
trimming is difficult....shaving is a better way to do it. but ill give trimming a try because i just read something that you can get bacterial infections from shaving down their and having ingrown hairs....so i dont want that to happen. thanks allot!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey guys, 25 year old man here learning from what I read. Thanks! Sonnypavlik@yahoo.com

Helpful Tips

B
Does any one have a recommendation on a brand of boxer briefs that hold their shape throughout the day? I have Hanes 100% cotton boxer ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 58 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.