Skip to content

Announcements

Please see the new Men's Sexuality exchange. It is suggested that this exchange be geared to men's health issues.
cant describe it! help please!
An_206205 posted:
ok...I was wondering if anyone else had this problem?
-i am a relatively hairy guy...not really likin it. but i have some hair in areas it probably shouldnt be. in reference im talkin about my anus...i shave this area maybe once every week. and i wondered if this could be a problem? also when i move a bowel i wipe more than i should to ensure that i am clean down there...but it takes a while...how do i fix this?
- also how do i ensure that my anus stays clean? like do i wash it in the shower? is soap and water ok?

please help me!!! sorry for all the questions....thanks so much

and also you probably think that i am weird...=(

otter051069 responded:
No you're not weird, I have the same issue. What I have found to work pretty good is to dampen my toilet paper(not soaked) and wipe with that, maybe 2-3 of those and that usually does it.

As far as the shower, I wouldn't get to zealous down there with the soap, you'll wind up getting itchy and then it's on to another problem. I usually just let the warm water run down my back and use ( I don't mean to gross you out) my fingers to GENTLY wash that area. When you dry off, just pat it dry.

I have trimmed that area, not shaven before and that seems to help. Would be interested to know how much of a pain shaving is and if it does help. Good Luck!!!

An_206206 replied to otter051069's response:
hey thanks so much for the help...i had thought of that but never done it...
trimming is difficult....shaving is a better way to do it. but ill give trimming a try because i just read something that you can get bacterial infections from shaving down their and having ingrown hairs....so i dont want that to happen. thanks allot!

Spotlight: Member Stories

WebMDStPeteBob@hotmail.com I'm from Tampa Bay, Florida area and in my late 40's. I grew up with 5 brothers and enjoy the company of men. I wa...More

Helpful Tips

More Discussions
Hey guys not sure if anyone else caught on but I just figured out at the bottom of the threads there is a link that says "more dicussions" ... More
Was this Helpful?
130 of 195 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.