Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please see the new Men's Sexuality exchange. It is suggested that this exchange be geared to men's health issues.
What gym?
An_206217 posted:
Interested in joining a gym. Any recommendations? Please only recommend gyms that can be found around the country considering everyone doesn't live in the same place.

Also... how much is a monthly membership and does the gym have any special features (pool, sauna, fitness classes)?

Plus I have a little more personal question... what are the showers like at the gym? Communal or private? I'm not fully comfortable with communal but will tolerate it if I must. Is it true all YMCAs have communal showers?

SS1995 responded:
I belong to Lifetime Fitness (I think it it was about $100 for me and my wife) . I know its a national chain. The showers are stalls. The have glass doors (at least in mine they do), but they are frosted so you can get your privacy. There is also a drying off area if you prefer to dry off outside of a little stall (which is what I do) . They also provide the towels for showers and workout so that is nice. I love not bringing a wet towel in my car.

It has sauna/steam room (mine has signs that cover up is required so its good if you like that) , pool, kids center, classes... etc. I really like it, but I go before work when the work crowd goes. Its crammed w/ kids in the evening and during the summer.

I've also belonged to Crunch and La Fitness and was pleased.

ChevyDudeNYC responded:
Planet Fitness, an independently operated chain. I pay $ 10/month. That's right, $ 10 per month with a $ 29 annual fee

Helpful Tips

B
Does any one have a recommendation on a brand of boxer briefs that hold their shape throughout the day? I have Hanes 100% cotton boxer ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 58 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.