Skip to content

Announcements

Please see the new Men's Sexuality exchange. It is suggested that this exchange be geared to men's health issues.
uncut
An_206219 posted:
I am happily uncircumcised. circumcision is a barbaric custom whose begininng is founded in ancient religions & pagan rites of passage. When was the last time God tol you to cut off part of your bod

fenton04 responded:
A little clarification on the God part. Are you talking about healthy or unhealthy body parts. Was that a rhetorical question?????

Rokk_man responded:
I've always been torn on this topic. I do believe that if you're born w/ foreskin, maybe you're meant to have it. On the other hand, circumcision has been around for a long time & it's so routine here in the U.S. that people are accustomed to seeing the cut penis. I do agree that a cut one looks a little better BUT I also lean toward letting a guy choose whether he wants to be cut or not when old enough. I think it should be their decision since it's their body. I know that most countries don't circumcise & that U.S. circumcision rates are declining quickly.

ucmale replied to fenton04's response:
I waqs referring to perfectly normal healthy body parts like the foreskin or any other appendage.

fenton04 replied to ucmale's response:
Including hair, toenail, fingernails???

ucmale replied to fenton04's response:
Last I heard... they grow back!!

Eugenio311 responded:
"If your right eye offends you pluck it out and if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off." Matthew 5: 29-30. Not an exact quote, but close... I'm pretty sure that refers to getting rid of things in your life that cause you to stumble spiritually whereas Circumcision was a sign of obedience and sacrifice for the Hebrew people.

I'm also happily in possession of all the foreskin I was born with. I think a circumcised penis looks sad and kind of pathetic. I always feel sorry for the guy, who probably has no idea what he's missing. Others like Rokk_man have a different opinion, which is fine too.

gq12 replied to ucmale's response:
This is a very hot debate on the custom of circumcision in the US mainly. I am cut and up until I went to college, I never saw an un-cut penis. I don't know if I prefer the look of it cut because that is what I am used to? I am in S Fla and the latin culture here does not do circumcision like americans, but I do know guys who had it done during puberty or at least much later because of health concerns. So, I would not say this is some crazy pagan ritual that has been carried on for centuries unnecessarily.

fenton04 replied to ucmale's response:
My bald BIL willbe very interested in that statement. He seems to have trouble growing hair on top of his head. Who knew!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married with 3 sons. Raise by a divorce father that was only 17 years older than I. Therefore we shared many good times and open discussions about lif...More

Helpful Tips

More Discussions
Hey guys not sure if anyone else caught on but I just figured out at the bottom of the threads there is a link that says "more dicussions" ... More
Was this Helpful?
130 of 195 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.