Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please see the new Men's Sexuality exchange. It is suggested that this exchange be geared to men's health issues.
being flabby
An_206221 posted:
I'm a 44 yr old male, 5' 8" roughly, and weigh about 160. I was laid off for one year and gained about ten pounds --worrying about being hypoglycemic and eating enough. Anyway. I've since lost those ten pounds, but now am working on working off the flab left over.

I love to walk and ride a bicycle --ride my bike to/from work everyday; about a mile and a half, so I get in about three miles a day, just from that. But, I'm wondering, which is best at losing the flab: riding the bike or walking?

I've worked out in the past, and know I still have abs, you just can't see them under the flab. I don't over-eat --peanut butter and honey sandwich, and later a slice of cheese and o.j. for breakfast, &c.

I just need to figure out which is best for me to do to get rid of the flab. I'm not overweight, but I'm not slim and sexy, either. Oh well....

shortman_eric responded:
I am in no way an expert on this kinda stuff, but I feel like walking or riding your bike isn't going to help with the flab too much. Just to make sure, when you say flab, do you mean like excess skin? Cuz if so, you're going to need more actual working of the muscle/skin by doing crunches, stretching, toning exercises in general. The bike riding and walking is more of a cardio exercise which will burn fat in general, which can leave the skin still there. Hope this helps

Helpful Tips

More Discussions
Hey guys not sure if anyone else caught on but I just figured out at the bottom of the threads there is a link that says "more dicussions" ... More
Was this Helpful?
130 of 195 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.