Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please see the new Men's Sexuality exchange. It is suggested that this exchange be geared to men's health issues.
Having some weird issues...
PKiefer131 posted:
Hey all need some man to man advice:

I'm not to sure what is going on with me as of late but something is up. I'm a 25 year old white male and normally healthy as most are concerned but I've developed some issues.

First off I'm on Zoloft and Welburtrin for depression. Zoloft has been about 6 months now and Welburtin with in the last 2 months. I was experiencing the inability to achieve an orgasm and my doctor thought the Zoloft is the root cause since all was fine and well before so he tacked on the WB to "counteract" the sexual side effects. That's the only medical history I have.

Now within the last two weeks I've been fumbling over my words, mispronouncing things and generally missing letters in type I thought I key pressed. I'm concerned because I've never been a scholar of the English language and have general mess ups like everyone does but this is on a every few hour basis at this point.

I know my doctor is going to be the primary person to ask these questions to but I just wanted some advice and to see if anyone has heard of Zoloft and speech issues or something like that. I have found nothing on the NET and I'm wondering now if this is a growing issue.

I do not use drugs but I do drink daily, and of course I'm assuming drinking could be killing brain cells and maybe that's the cause but I don't know for sure.

Please help. Thanks guys.

Take the Poll

Has anyone else experienced anything like this or am I alone?
  • Yes, exactly like this
  • Yes, almost the same
  • Yes, but not the exact same (further details can be provided)
  • No
  • Never heard of this, your being paranoid :)
vote
View Poll Results

taberge responded:
What should I avoid while taking Zoloft?Avoid drinking alcohol, which can increase some of the side effects of Zoloft.
Do not take the liquid form of Zoloft if you are taking disulfiram (Antabuse). Liquid Zoloft may contain alcohol and you could have a severe reaction to the disulfiram.
Zoloft can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
Tell your doctor if you regularly use other medicines that make you sleepy (such as cold or allergy medicine, narcotic pain medicine, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, and medicine for seizures or anxiety). They can add to sleepiness caused by Zoloft.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 50 years old, married 24 years with 2 children. My oldest is married. I joined this site as a way of getting information to help me become health...More

Helpful Tips

Aftershave for Penis Shaft and Scrotum Shave
According to the poll we have on whether you shave your equipment or not the results as of today are 80 shave, 17 don't. Clearly the ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 11 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.