Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please see the new Men's Sexuality exchange. It is suggested that this exchange be geared to men's health issues.
Puffy spot near scrotum?
JokeyMokey posted:
So yesterday I noticed a puffy spot near my scrotum. It's on the left side where the scrotum connects with the rest of the body, at the top. It looks puffy. When I feel it, there aren't any, like, masses or anything. I can't feel anything solid, it's just puffy.

What do you think this is? I'm sure I probably need to go to the doctor to get it checked out, but I don't have insurance, and I really don't want to go just to check that one spot. There really isn't any pain but sometimes it does feel sort of odd. Like maybe a pinching or tangled feeling? Plus it's sort of awkward to go to the doctor and have him poke around down there.

GuardSquealer responded:
Honestly it sounds like it might be a hernia. I would try to get it checked. Is there a free clinic you can go to? It can become serious if not taken care of.

Spotlight: Member Stories

WebMDStPeteBob@hotmail.com I'm from Tampa Bay, Florida area and in my late 40's. I grew up with 5 brothers and enjoy the company of men. I wa...More

Helpful Tips

Aftershave for Penis Shaft and Scrotum Shave
According to the poll we have on whether you shave your equipment or not the results as of today are 80 shave, 17 don't. Clearly the ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.