Skip to content

Announcements

Please see the new Men's Sexuality exchange. It is suggested that this exchange be geared to men's health issues.
My knees hurt as a result of masturbation. What should I do? Thanks in advance for all your hlep
An_206234 posted:
I am a male and I masturbate in my bathtub. When i do it i place my knees on the tub and do it. To be more specific I place the bottom of my kneecaps area on the tub edge. Ive been doing this for over a year and my kneecaps have been hurting. I dont feel comfortable masturbating in other positions like sitting because its not as "stimulating." I need some advice on what to do because I dont want my knees to be hurting like this. Thanks in advance for all help. I greatly appreciate everyone's time.

gymrat44 responded:
There are a lot of different ways to masturbate. It should be something which is fun and feels good -- so if you're finding that your favorite way is causing problems it would be good to find a new way. I'm not sure exactly what's stimulating about kneeling on the edge of your tub -- there are bound to be many other ways that you could find which could be just as enjoyable.

In any case it's important not to depend on just one way to masturbate. Find a variety of ways to get yourself off! You may be surprised as what you find.

An_206235 replied to gymrat44's response:
Its not that the kneecap thing is stimulating. Its the position im used to. So your saying that I should find different positions and I will eventually get used to them?

gymrat44 replied to An_206235's response:
Exactly. It sounds like your penis has become trained to be 'excited' by the bathtub. While you're looking for other ways to do it you might try a variation by straddling the tub with one leg in and one leg out and, while sitting on the edge of the tub, lean forward while thrusting your penis back and forth. Hold you hand down lightly while you thrust -- that might be a pleasant experience and would give your knees a break.

But I would try to branch out and do other things. For example, while lying on your back reach down with the hand you don't use for writing. Gently stroke your penis with that hand while gently rubbing another part of your body with your dominant hand -- rub your shoulders, your thighs, your face -- anywhere. Just remember always to keep one hand somewhere else. Take time to see how different areas feel and what you can do to make yourself feel good. That could be helpful for you later.

Good luck -- if you like, let me know how it works out.

An_206236 replied to gymrat44's response:
Thanks man. It takes longer when I sit down because i guess I have to clench the muscles around the penis area to get off. Is this normal though. Having to sorta tighten those muscles around that area? And also I have one more question. After I do it I always have semen that leaks after I am done. Say a couple of minutes after im done. So should I wait before I put my pants on or something and this normal too? Again thanks a lot for your help gymrat44.

gymrat44 replied to An_206236's response:
Sounds like your still getting used to how everything works -- which is fine, there's a lot to find out and learning never ends. And the learning can be fun.

First, there's nothing wrong with your session taking longer; with a partner you're not going to want to get it all over with quickly. And sometimes when you're going solo there's nothing like a long extended period of self-appreciation. When you do get off -- shoot your load, or whatever you might call it -- you will make a number of muscular contractions in your lower abdomen near your penis. That helps get the semen out and yes, it may come out and still leave a little upstream to come out a moment later. A pleasant way to finish up masturbating after you come can be to 'milk' your penis -- make an 'OK' with your thumb and forefinger and grab the base of your penis. Then slide the OK up to the end and let go. Do that a few times and you should be cleared out of the remaining semen and good to go!

HairyD responded:
You must be a young male (?) limiting yourself to the bathroom. It guick clean up in the bath. Why the rush to put your pants back on? I enjoy triming morning wood in the shower. Do not limit yourself to masturbation it feels good but remember your "screwing yourself"

An_206237 replied to gymrat44's response:
Haha Thanks a lot for your help man. I suppose ill get used to the new positions. but I appreciate ur help in the issue. And its working fine and my knees finally have a break. They should be back to the state they were in a year ago when I started. Thanks a lot man!

An_206238 replied to HairyD's response:
Yea haha it is very quick cleanup. Just do it before u take a shower and bam already clean. Why rush? Well cause people are home and although I am upstairs and everyone else is downstairs I dont see how I can do it privately unless im in the bathtub or if noones home. Know what i mean? Anyways ill be going to college next year and lol idk what im going to do.

gymrat44 replied to An_206237's response:
Yeah, you need to take care of your knees. They're the largest joints in your body and they have a long way to be taking you in the years ahead.

One thought I had after my posting yesterday: in addition to making the OK and 'milking' yourself after you come, you might want to do a few strong pelvic contractions to move along any semen which still might be remaining further upstream. The pelvic contraction -- or kegel as it is sometimes called -- is the same contraction you make when you stop urination in mid flow and then let it start again. Doing kegels is an exercise which you can do with no one else being able to know you're doing it and it can help you have better performance control down the road. You could look kegels up on this website or elsewhere to get more information.

Good luck as you head off to college next year!

An_206239 replied to gymrat44's response:
So in other words try to "push" the semen out along with making the OK. I have heard of kegel exercises before and just looked it up too. I might try those later. But did u say semen gets stuck further upstream? Is it stuck in the urethra or even further upstream in the vas deferns I learned from AP Biology that there is a valve that controls whether urine or semen is released. So if semen is stuck in the urethra then urine should flush it out. But is it harmful to you if it is stuck in the vas deferens or something? Again thanks for your responses and time.

gymrat44 replied to An_206239's response:
No, didn't mention anything being 'stuck' -- I was just thinking about your issue of sometimes having a dribble or two of semen left after your main orgasm and thinking that a little extra propulsion on your part might help if there were a little bit left which hadn't come out with the main load.

While our genitals are delicate and do require care I wouldn't worry about your fluids sticking. They're pretty slippery. I'm not a medical type so can't comment in detail but I'm pretty sure that urinating after ejaculation -- once the 'switches' are turned -- will clear out anything remaining.

Make sure you continue to enjoy this part of increased maturity responsibly. There are no tests, and it's fun!

An_206240 replied to gymrat44's response:
Yea thanks a lot man. Thats what Ive read that u urinate and it clears. Anyways Thanks a lot for your help. I appreciate it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 42 years old, married with two daughters (age 4 and 6). Need to lose weight and have a less sedentary lifestyle.

Helpful Tips

B
Does any one have a recommendation on a brand of boxer briefs that hold their shape throughout the day? I have Hanes 100% cotton boxer ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 58 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.