Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please see the new Men's Sexuality exchange. It is suggested that this exchange be geared to men's health issues.
shaving scrotum area without cutting
DarkHawk93 posted:
I'm 18 years old and started shaving down there a last year but could never be able to shave by my scrotum due to the worry of cutting there does anyone know what I can/should use and how to cuz like I said I'm worried about cutting there

tnguy1 responded:
Try dry shaving the scrotum and penis shaft with a good razor. I do it weekly and never cut myself

gymrat44 replied to tnguy1's response:
It's really not that much different from shaving your face, believe it or not. Just make sure that the skin is taught with no bumps or wrinkles -- same as you would do elsewhere -- go easy with small, definite strokes and you should be fine. Once you overcome OMG I'm shaving my balls it becomes quite natural. And the smooth finish you get when you're though is well worth it.
manhood should be enjoyed, not proven -- gymrat44

joe8843 responded:
Darkhawk- I shave my ball sack and penis shaft using, what I would call, the wet method. First I wash the area thoroughly to get the sack and shaft very wet. I then apply shaving cream followed up by shaving, just as you would do your face. I rarely get nicks and the results look great. You will have to experiment to determine whether dry or wet shaving works best for you.

Let us know how things work out for you.

gymrat44 replied to joe8843's response:
Adding to what I said yesterday: I like to use a foamless shaving cream so that I can really see what I'm doing -- that's important! And after I'm through shaving I like to use an aloe-type skin lotion as an aftershave. The area feels wonderfully smooth with the lotion and, no surprise, rubbing the lotion into the recently shaved area is a real pleasure!
manhood should be enjoyed, not proven -- gymrat44

gq12 replied to gymrat44's response:
the best way for me is to shave in the shower with warm soapy water and a sharp razor. Dry shaving can irritate and as Gymrat said, shaving creams make it tough to see where you are shaving. I do the shaft base, balls and all the way under/back to the taint and ass. I love it when all the hair is gone!!!

jamiar responded:
Check youtube for a video on how to shave your scrotum for a hernia operation. The one I saw suggested keeping the blade in contact with your skin at all times. It worked pretty well.

emediof responded:
aside from shaving u myself,which would be my sensual delight,they have a product on the market called"no no"not a razor or laser,it somehow removes hair, no fuss no muss.just pass it over the area needed.if u need someone to hold your penis while u do the deed,i'm willing.

Spotlight: Member Stories

50, married, 2 kids. Prostate Cancer surgery at 48. Doing fine now. But along the way, created www.franktalk.org for guys with ED. Now am hoping to ...More

Helpful Tips

Aftershave for Penis Shaft and Scrotum Shave
According to the poll we have on whether you shave your equipment or not the results as of today are 80 shave, 17 don't. Clearly the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.