Skip to content


Please see the new Men's Sexuality exchange. It is suggested that this exchange be geared to men's health issues.
Exercise underwear?
Kawboy posted:
My wife gave me a treadmill for our previous anniversary and I have run into a lil problem with the type of undies to wear when walking at a fast pace. No matter what I wear, I end up with some type of chaffing. I've tried briefs, boxer briefs, jocks, thongs, g-strings, and have even tried wearing no undies at all (big mistake). The place where it chafes varies depending on the type of undies I wear. The jock was the most comfortable but the straps left chaffing just outside the gooch area. I'm on the treadmill for a solid 90 minutes per session, so I'm not sure if it's the length of time or not. I don't notice the chaffing until after I take a shower, otherwise I'd stop when it starts to irritate. Anyone have any advice?
longodon responded:
It is those dam treadmills - they will get you every time.
zoom1969 responded:
Compression shorts are really good to wear! You wear them under your shorts instead of underwear or jock straps. Under Armour, Nike, and Body Glove are some really good brands to wear. They are great for running/ power walking. They keep you drier when working out/ exercising than most types of underwear especially boxer briefs. I used to wear boxer briefs to the gym all of the time and they would be soaked by the time I was finished working out so I switched over to compression shorts and they are great!! Compression shorts soak up a lot of the moisture ( sweat ) and helps keep you from chafing!

Helpful Tips

Does any one have a recommendation on a brand of boxer briefs that hold their shape throughout the day? I have Hanes 100% cotton boxer ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 59 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.