Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please see the new Men's Sexuality exchange. It is suggested that this exchange be geared to men's health issues.
Sleeping on penis
Tidoman posted:
When I sleep I sleep on my stomach. That doesn't alow my penis to erect. Is that bad. And if I wear tighter underwear to help hide erections is that bad for my penis. Cause I mean it sits in my underwear all day and can't erect.

hairyd responded:
Tidoman, I would see a doctor. A man is not able to control his erectION. USING pressure of his body or underwear. A healthy male his blood is gone to flow thru the penis. You not able to stop a erection.
I don't know your age. But a male is not able TO STOP having a P hard in the AM. And unless you have the circulation of blood cut off from your penis. You will have a Super Hard erection if you see a hot Pussy. Why hide a normal Penis ERECTION?

tido1987 replied to hairyd's response:
Oh no I want erections but I meant is it ok on it to be smushed like that at night when it tries to have an erection

gymrat44 replied to tido1987's response:
If your penis wants to be hard, it will be hard -- when you're asleep, that is. While we are awake we have been well-conditioned to keep ourselves soft most of the time.

If you go to bed nude I bet your penis will enjoy the freedom and will be hard as you drift off to sleep, when you wake up and a number of times in between. If you don't already sleep nude, give it a try and see how it feels for you. If you are currently a nude sleeper I bet you're hard a lot more often than you may think!
manhood should be enjoyed, not proven -- gymrat44

hairyd replied to gymrat44's response:
Grat, as the threads have stated all males are the same but differant. My penis is not control / well conditioned to keep soft. It may be because of going regimental / free balling. But I enjoy feeling my log pressing against pants a number of times a day. Also going commando lets the ladies know. I appreciation there beauty. Therefore not making a sexist remark.You may want to the practice not wearing underwear. It may awake you third leg.

gymrat44 replied to hairyd's response:
Hey HairyD -- yes, I do freeball regularly, at least once a week. I don't do it all the time because I think that if I did I would get too used to it. Now when I just slip on jeans with nothing but gymrat underneath my penis does appreciate it and does get semi-hard a number of times during the day. But it does stay pointing down -- that's what I meant when I was talking about being conditioned to stay soft most of the day. I can be big and even a bit excited but if I'm pointed down I still say it's soft. When it's hard there's no doubt about it! That's when I'm pointing to my chin or the ceiling and there's no room in pants for that.
manhood should be enjoyed, not proven -- gymrat44

hairyd replied to gymrat44's response:
Grat , Agree my erect penis also ponts at around one oclock. But since I work in extremely comfortable lounging scrubs. There is no way to keep it my penis pointed down. Or in my pants. Of course I wear my tops over the bottoms . Must of the time the elastic band hold it close to my abdomen. I have been freeball for years. I also the feeling of hanging free. I am to large to be binding by any undergarment.

Spotlight: Member Stories

WebMD Admin, Please delete this account.

Helpful Tips

B
Does any one have a recommendation on a brand of boxer briefs that hold their shape throughout the day? I have Hanes 100% cotton boxer ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 58 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.