Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please see the new Men's Sexuality exchange. It is suggested that this exchange be geared to men's health issues.
Remembering Nude Times with Dad
gymrat44 posted:
My Dad and I were familiar with seeing each other nude on many occasions during the 60 years we were both on this planet together -- he is now gone. We only had one bathroom and we seldom took clothing with us into it when it was wash-up time. We did have a good idea of what each other looked like. And it could be useful for it provided opportunities for asking questions and exchanging ideas -- "teaching moments", I believe they're called now.

I remember being a little tyke about five years old and my Dad coming into my room early one morning to get my bare but out of bed and start getting me ready for school. Sleepily I asked him why my litle penis was hard and stuck out in front of me like a little poker when I first woke up -- shortly it would soften and look and feel normal. He told me that my penis was just practicing for something which I would need when I got older but that it needed to start practicing now. With all the different stuff a little guy goes through growing up, that was a good answer: what was happening was OK and I didn't need to worry about it.

I think you're missing something special if you don't spend casual nude time with your sons for it can be a wonderful time of closeness and sharing.

And sometimes I'd see my Dad's erections in the morning as he headed for the bathroom. And then I'd see him soft whe he got out of the bathtub and started to dry himself off. Seeing him undressed gave me a good idea what to expect for my own body as I got older. Then when I started getting close to adolescence my morning hard penis started to get almost as big as his when hard. He then told me that at that point the practice that my penis had been doing by getting hard in the morning by itself needed some help from me -- that I would need to find someplace to be by myself and help it practice by stroking it so that my body would learn to produce the different fluids needed for me to pass on life when the time came. If the fluids didn't come right away, someday they would. And that while the rubbing would feel good I shouldn't be in a huge rush to get it over with, I should take my time. That was great advice for as an adult I never had problems with premature ejaculation. And I learned that masturbation was a simple but needful part of life - something which I probably practiced a couple times a day all through my teen years without any guilt or feeling strange about myself.

Then there were the times on family vacations at a cabin at the lake when Dad and I would steal away from the rest of the family just before sunrise for a nude swim together at the lake. We would try to beat each other out to the float and back to the shore but we were always close, often without a clear winner. My Dad said he didn't want me to beat him, but he also didn't want to think he'd raised a son who couldn't! Those times were wonderful -- the world was just waking up for a new day and everything was clear, fresh and as it had been for ages. Unencumbered by the passing swimsuit fashion of the day my Dad and I were timeless humans, nude together as he and his brother had been with my grandfather years earlier, and so it had probably been going back in an unbroken chain for ages, all the way to the hunters of old who of course had no clothes. Then as an adult I had become taller and broader in the shoulder than my Dad -- and we were both pleased and proud that my penis was bigger than his, both soft and hard. One generation should improve over the one before it, he would tell me with a grin.
manhood should be enjoyed, not proven -- gymrat44

Polfsky responded:
Wow, thanks for sharing your sentiments here. I agree that there's some special bond between father and son when they can be open to each other like that. My father left before I was even born, so I never have that special bond with a father figure.

As I was growing up in my teen years, I felt like I was doing fine without my dad. Strangely as I get older as an adult, that longing for a father figure starts to surface more and more intensely. Now when I see father and son showing affection toward each other, there's some aching in heart.

Even reading your story here makes my heart ache wishing that my childhood had been different. How more solid I would have been as a person if I had had a father figure in my life.

So, gymrat, do you have sons that you can share these special bonding moments with?

tnguy1 replied to Polfsky's response:
Great tribute to your father.

My Dad was never that close to me and I ended up learning to masturbate by myself before I was in 5th grade. I had no idea what I was doing when I first ejaculated and thought someone was wrong with me. Over time I leaned what it was and became more comfortable with it.

gymrat44 replied to Polfsky's response:
Glad you liked what I had to say. And i would have enjoyed having sons -- life doesn't give you everything you might like to have as you so well said yourself!

Maybe my need to pass some of this stuff along is why I'm a frequent posted here, that I'm hoping that my experiences may prove useful to others. There's more than one way to accomplish some of life's goals.

Polfsky replied to gymrat44's response:
Yah, please keep sharing. It's always fun reading your post!

Can I email you sometimes?

Happy new year.

gymrat44 replied to Polfsky's response:
Sure, Polfsky, I would be glad to hear from you one-on-one off line. I may not answer as quickly that way as I might here on the boards but I do check the e-mail address listed under "Spotlight: Members Stories" regularly and enjoy corresponding with guys I meet here.

Hope your new year is full and rich with good things.

voyager1 responded:
I saw my dad naked very often. I had 7 brothers and 6 sisters and every morning he would go around to all my brothers beds fully naked and pull the covers off. They were often naked to. One particularly awkward time me and 3 of my brothers and 1 of my sisters were late for high school and we all ran out the door but my dad didn't have any pants on and because he was not planing on getting out of the car he didn't bother. However my brother had gotten in trouble a couple of days earlier and the assistant principal asked him to come into his office while he walked over to the car. When he reached the window all ha said was "oh it looks like this is a bad time" The bathroom on the boys half of the house was open door policy so he saw us naked often to.

Helpful Tips

More Discussions
Hey guys not sure if anyone else caught on but I just figured out at the bottom of the threads there is a link that says "more dicussions" ... More
Was this Helpful?
130 of 195 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.