Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.
4 moles growing on the same spot
elty posted:
I just noticed there is a fairly ugly mole. It looks like it is a group of 3-4 moles grow together. It is about 3mm, a little raise, not symmetric (since a few actually grow together, they kind of form a square actually), black and clear border, so it only fit one of the ABCD.

The weird thing is mole seems to like that area. About 1mm from that group of mole there is another mole that is similar in size and color, but it is symmetric (since there is only 1). And then, in another direction a little bit farther away, there are 3 more moles, but all of them are much smaller (2 of them are barely a dot, the last one is probably 1mm) and lighter in color.

The scary thing is that is like 7-8 moles all grow within a 1cm radius, with 3-4 of them actually touching together and form a rather ugly looking big mole. I am going to see a doctor next week, what should I ask him?

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Tell your doctor exactly what you posted here. Your doctor will ask you questions regarding; when you first noticed the moles, and if they have changed colors. I am sure he will have them tested. Please keep us updated.

Helpful Tips

Living with Cancer
From personal experience, my first year, like yours, has been difficult at times. I have been treated for prostate cancer, and I will not ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 23 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.