Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.
Anyone with an infant with melanoma?
Pink_butterfly56 posted:
I brought my 6 month old baby girl to the dermatologist today because her birthmark was getting much larger and darker in color. They ended up doing a biopsy and now that i'm researching online I'm afraid they might be looking for melanoma. So i was wondering if there is anyone out there who knows about melanoma especially in infants or treatments.. cure rates.anything else it might be or anything that could help me and her father as well as educate us.

An_205997 responded:
Did the birthmark start out pink? If so, they will grow larger and get darker. Please let us know what the doctor tells you.

I hate that you and the baby are going threw this.

I will say a prayer for your baby.

issycash replied to An_205997's response:
my daughter is 7 yr old and developed a strawberry mole ( which I didn't think nothing of it as I think everyone tends to have strawberry moles somewhere) doctor remove it two weeks ago as it grew raised..he sent it to hosp lab and tests came back."undetetermined"then sent it off to Mayo clinic where they say it was an ATYPICAL SPITZ TUMOR , doctor scared my daughter and I'm looking for a second opinion. (read my post on here)

issycash responded:
my daughter is 7 yr old and developed a strawberry mole ( which I didn't think nothing of it as I think everyone tends to have strawberry moles somewhere) doctor remove it two weeks ago as it grew raised..he sent it to hosp lab and tests came back."undetetermined"then sent it off to Mayo clinic where they say it was an ATYPICAL SPITZ TUMOR , doctor scared my daughter and I'm looking for a second opinion. (read my post on here)

An_205998 replied to issycash's response:
The doctor needs to have a sit down with you and tell you everything you need to know. Please let us know what he says.

Second opinions never hurt.

happyhobo4 responded:
You posted a year ago about your daughter . My 13 week old granddaughter has to have a suspected "melanoma" operated oon.The surgeon is hesitant about operating on a 13 week onld with the nexessary anathesia. Did you find any information on this, and how is yourddaughter.?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to happyhobo4's response:
Hello Happyhobo4 -

I am so sorry to hear about your granddaughter. I check around and the original poster has not followed up. Hopefully she will see this to give an update.

You may also want to post your concerns on our Baby's First Year Community. The experts and/or members there may have some information for you regarding anesthesia.

Please keep us posted on how everyone is doing during this difficult time,
Elizabeth

happyhobo4 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
thank you. I will try Baby's First year Community

happyhobo4 responded:
How did this work out. My 11 week old granddaughter has to have a "melanoma" removed from her leg. We are all worried.

Helpful Tips

Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding Ctrl on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. Could be ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 28 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.