Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.
Waiting for results
Mom_2_Abby posted:
Hello all, I am a 40 year old female. I noticed a black ring (clear in the middle) under the skin on my shoulder a few months ago. Now it is on the skin, no longer black (clear pink), and is about the size of a pencil eraser, translucent, with no scaling. This change occurred within about a two month time period.

Went to the dermatogist today. She seemed concerned. She is not sure what it is, and took a biopsy.

I am TERRIFIED beyond belief. Wanted to see if anyone else who has had Melanoma can give me some answers. Wante to see if this sounds familiar.

I appreciate the help.

pgerryd responded:
I can't respond directly to your concerns as I am listed as an 'unknown primary' and did not discover my Melanoma until 2007 when a tumor suddenly appeared in my lymph node under my right arm pit but please keep us posted as to the result of the biopsy. I will pray that it is negative.

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding Ctrl on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. Could be ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 28 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.