Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.
This bumpy thing on my face
mrbigglesworth posted:
I am a 31 year old male with darker fair skin (I can tan easily though not olive), blond, blue eyed, and sun lover (live at beach, surf, hike, etc.). I am about 50/50 when it comes to properly putting on sunscreen but mostly sunburns occur on my back and the top of my forehead if at all. My mom had a melanoma in her late 40s/50s but she spent the 60s & 70s with mineral oil on her, basting in the sun.

In the last 10 days I saw this bumpy thing appear by my eye (see picture) which is giving me cause for concern. I'm pretty broke right now so can't afford to see a doctor unless it's truly necessary. Anyone think I should be worried?

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Anon_160335 responded:
If you can see a dermatologist, see one. There is no way for any of us to know for sure what it is. Does not look melanoma. There are other skin cancers that are not as serious, but they would need to be removed.

It may be nothing.

Helpful Tips

Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding Ctrl on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. Could be ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 28 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.