Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.
dysplastic
ANNadell posted:
I have had several positive biopsies for basal cell but a few were determined to be dysplastic nevo or something of that sort..what does this mean exactly?

Anon_160335 responded:
A dysplastic nevi is an irregular mole. We all have many different types of moles in our body and many times dermatologists biopsy these moles that look a little bit abnormal and have a different shape or different configuration.
( The mole is changing.)

It is always best to do a biopsy on moles that look different. Best to be on the safe side.

You need to do a monthly mole check and let your dermatologist do a yearly mole check. If a mole changes, see you doctor.

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Submit Melanoma/Skin Cancer Fighter
Know of someone going through melanoma or skin cancer? Let us help them! I am a melanoma survivor that recently started a cancer awareness ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.