Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.
Assistance with reconstructive surgery
BeverleyHughes posted:
I have started a non-profit organization that will launch January 2, 2012. S.C.A.R.S. - Skin Cancer Assistance for Reconstructive Surgery. I have had basal cell skin cancer for 15 years, have had over 100 biopsies and over 30 MOHS procedures. I have been fortunate to have insurance that would cover reconstructive surgery, but many do not. It is considered "elective surgery" in a lot of cases. You can communicate with us on Facebook until the website launches on January 2nd as well. The organization will provide financial assistance to people who cannot afford reconstructive surgery after skin cancer removal. We will be accepting applications for assistance immediately, but it may take a few months for funds to reach the level where we can offer assistance. Any volunteers that would like to become involved, please go to our FB page . . . S.C.A.R.S. Thanks so much!!

Take the Poll

If you required reconstructive surgery after having a skin cancer removed, would your insurance cover the costs?
  • Yes
  • No
vote
View Poll Results

Helpful Tips

Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding Ctrl on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. Could be ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 28 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.