Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.
Physical symptoms throughout my body.
onevoice1575 posted:
Often I just start feeling like I have a fever, fatique, and flu-like feelings out of nowhere. It's been occuring for quite awhile. I intially wrote it off as related to my type II diabettees, but I recently noticed two large black moles on my back that were not always there, plus I have a lot of mental confusion.

56 year old male.

Thanks

Take the Poll

Can any of these be related to Melanoma?

Thank you
  • Trying to find answers???
  • ?????
vote
View Poll Results

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello and Welcome onevoice1575,

I am sorry you have been experiencing these symptoms and feeling so bad. The first step is to schedule an appointment with your health care professional to evaluate what's going on. Unfortunately, without an exam, lab work and being able to evaluate the moles it is difficult to answer your questions.

When evaluating moles and lesions get to know your ABCDE's. Here are a few resources -

Precancerous Skin Lesions & Skin Cancer - Slideshow
Sunburn & Skin Cancer
Skin Cancer ABC's - Video

I hope this is helpful and that you find answers soon. Please keep us posted,
Elizabeth

onevoice1575 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you very much for your time and supportive response.

Ron

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to onevoice1575's response:
You're welcome Ron, hope you are feeling better soon. Please let us know what you find out after seeing your health care providers.

Elizabeth

onevoice1575 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
I certainly will.

Thank you again for your concern.

Ron DeJohn

Helpful Tips

Living with Cancer
From personal experience, my first year, like yours, has been difficult at times. I have been treated for prostate cancer, and I will not ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 23 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.