Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.
abnormal spots on skin- contains picture. doctors were clueless.
suzieandjosh posted:
My fiance has had these spots on his chest since I have known them. They are always there, never go away. they do get lighter and darker but never go away. for the past four months more and more have shown up, without completely going away. The Dr's in our area brushed it off like its nothing. They had no answers and didn't care to test it, let alone take a deeper look into what it is. Please take a look at the picture and let us know if you have seen anything like this before. we don't know what causes it, or what it is. the picture is a close up. There are numerous spots all over his chest.thanks!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Suzie and Welcome -

Has your fiance seen a dermatologist? Unfortunately, our experts are unable to diagnosis over the internet, but I can give you a couple of resources to check out to see if this looks familiar -

Common Adult Skin Problems Slideshow
Sun Damaged Skin Slideshow

Please let us know if any of these pictures look familiar and if he has any other symptoms.

Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding Ctrl on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. Could be ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 28 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.