Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.
Melanoma, but no melatonin?
singred posted:
Q: Melanoma without color....now probable 2 with color, worried about one nearby spot without color.? How common is melanoma without color? Since it happened once to me, ("whitest skin dr has seen without being albino") shouldn't more care be taken with this?? HOW do you tell?

History:

2005: one white, raised "bubble" spot grew cluster of twins into dime size colony in weeks, though original spot was there for a couple years first. Removed by Dermatologist. Diax: Melanoma, but no color. Went back in and had it removed, no further treatment needed.

Yearly check-ups.

2011: SAME type of white "bubble" spot on other arm without cluster, new dermatologist said "not possible cancer"....same office, same records. Approx 1mm in size.

2012: white bubble still there, slightly larger (only @ 3mm wide)
Yep, new dr, same records. (same clinic) She did remove three other moles - one on lower leg (shading into skin, slightly bumpy/rough now although had one there for decades); one on left arm near "bubble" - same deal as leg - creeping shading, slightly bumpy/rough. Only about 5 years old; one RIGHT on bra support band line, been there for decades with no problem, removed because current bra size doesn't support without larger band - no cancer suspected.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome singred and Hello!

I am sorry to hear you still have these concerns with this area.

This slideshow, Precancerous Skin Lesions and Skin Cancer show different colors and types of lesions.

Did the biopsy report form 2005 come back as melanoma? Are you going to have the "white bubble" removed and biopsied?

Elizabeth

singred replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Yes, it was melanoma. I am trying to have the spot biopsied, but so far the doctors keep saying it is not needed because it is just an age spot. I have age spots, and *none* of them are this weird mix of clear/white or height that have grown or changed. The other spots are nearly flat, or very small brown ones that look like super dark freckles.
grrrrrrr!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to singred's response:
Hi singred,

This does sound frustrating! I hope you can have it biopsied especially with your history. Always best to err on the side of caution.

Please keep us posted,
Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding Ctrl on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. Could be ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 28 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.