Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.
Can Thyroid cancer lead to skin cancer?
Anon_232356 posted:
I had my thyroid removed in 2010 and had RA treatment a year later because they left some tissue behind. I have this spot on the tip of my nose its flat but different colors. Its getting larger so I made an appointment for this coming Monday to check it out. I've been worried about this for some time but was afraid to find out. I'm hoping its just a odd age spot but with my history and I'm Blond,Blue eyed and have lived most my life in the sunshine state of Florida. So heres hoping its nothing.

Thanks
dubby

dubby88 responded:
Well I guess I can answer my own question in a way. Went to a dermatologist and I have six spots on my face that she said was Actinic Keratosis. She did the cryosurgery on the spots and said to come back in a month and she would see. Not sure if I waited too long to have the main spot checked but I'm glad I went. I will have to be checked every six months. I'm so glad I grew up in the fifties and sixties when there wasn't all the information on skin cancer. I'm telling all my grandchildren to cover up all the time. Boy is it ever fun to be old!!

longduckdong46 replied to dubby88's response:
So what was the diagnosis for the main spot ?

Helpful Tips

Living with Cancer
From personal experience, my first year, like yours, has been difficult at times. I have been treated for prostate cancer, and I will not ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 23 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.