Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.
Mom has melanoma
An_249694 posted:
My mom (who is 73 years old) was recently diagnosed with melanoma on her calf. She had surgery about 2 weeks ago to remove the tumor and two lymph nodes in her groin were also tested. She found out today that the lymph nodes were both clear (yes!!) but the surgeon is still referring her to an oncologist because her tumor was "thick". My mom described it as "level 4" but she gets very confused about all the terminology so I'm not sure what this means exactly. She did not recognize the terms Clark or Braslow when I asked about those. I have not seen her pathology report myself yet but she is going to send me a copy. My question is: If the groin lymph nodes were clear is there still a chance the cancer could have spread to other places?

Helpful Tips

Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding Ctrl on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. Could be ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 28 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.