Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.
4th stage melanoma non surgical
An_250114 posted:
started 2009 mole on my shoulder. Had it removed ,It had made it to my lymnodes. Did 250 shots in my stomach for a year. no sighn. two years to the date it went to my lungs. Done chemo for two months slowed it down for about 9 months. then it doubled in size. Started yervoy doing a shot every three weeks. After the third shot i had a reaction,couldnt use no longer. Now its moved to my brain,slow going, had radiation on the one spot and seems to have damaged it.

An_252210 responded:
Hello, I have not looked at the community discussions for quite awhile but wanted to let you know I had to deal with stage 4 melanoma 4 different times. What I believe helped me the last 2 times was by taking "Ave"...called Avemar in Europe. It is fermented wheat germ, comes in packets, does not taste too bad, mix with clean pure water and drink daily. I did this for months. You can look it up on the web...has been in clinical trials and shown that patients who had chemo with it had better outcomes than those who did not take it. I did not have any chemo. I used this before I used interferon injections for a year. Then again after the second round of interferon did not really help, I took the Ave and other natural protocols.....like cottage cheese and Barlean's cold-pressed flax seed oil (Joanna Budwig diet), dandelion root, positive imaging - in my mind seeing these things eliminating cancer cells. I had four under the skin tumors that were shrinking before I did a clinical trial protocol! My oncologist said with a smile, "keep on doing whatever you are doing!" I had surgery 4 times to remove the tumors over many years starting in 1994. I feel my proactive research, being open-minded, and being willing to travel to cancer research centers has helped me to battle this awful disease. I have a neighbor man who had stage 4 melanoma on his back 2 years ago, who has healed himself (no tumors detected to date) just by using naturopathic protocols which were different than those I used, but I know one of them was taking liquid oxygen....I had read in my research that cancer cells do not like oxygen! I had felt hopelessness so many times when I thought I could not survive, that is why I wish to share this with you....perhaps there is a clinical trial you could look into, and consider some naturopathic protocols which will help your own immune system attack the cancer. I have read so many stories of people who have survived and had good quality of life, so please hang in there. Ask others to help you research and to help you in any way that helps you do this serious work! I am sending positive thoughts your way and praying you find strength to do whatever you must for your health. Chris

rockysal replied to An_252210's response:
I just read your post and it is great to read a story of survival. Thanks for sharing the information about your naturopathic treatment. It helps to know what others have done to fight their melanoma. Continued good health to you.

Helpful Tips

Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding Ctrl on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. Could be ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 28 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.