Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.
melonoma skin cancer question
smallgirl2002 posted:
My mom was diagnose with melanoma skin cancer. The hole I put stuff and bandage was 1 1/2 cm and now she has to go back for more to be taken off in doctor office. She acts like its no big deal. I was wondering if you could tell me by that what stage she possibly has?

bigdaddycool responded:
It is difficult to say without knowing the symptoms and biopsy. Having gone through the same thing your mother has(43 year old male had a punch biopsy, then an excision of 1 1/2 cm bullet hole looking injury, then more excision-surgery) it is not easy to digest and you hear cancer and kind of puts it in perspective. The good news is that from what it sounds like they found it in plenty of time and will just need to excise more skin to ensure that they got it all.

sam1985 responded:
Here is the article for a better understanding : http://www.info-about-mesothelioma.info/novel-therapies-to-cure-melanoma/

Helpful Tips

Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding Ctrl on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. Could be ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 28 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.