Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.
Sunscreens for preventive measure of skin cancer...
huntmarv posted:
I was recently treated for squamous-cell carcinoma (skin cancer). Now I just had a dark mole removed from my foot and sent in for a biopsy (looking for melanoma). I have a family history of both. I went to a pharmacy and asked what a good sunscreen for prevention would be and was told to buy "GoodSense". On the bottle it says "compare to the ingredients of Coppertone" I bought it and it is a 50SPF rating with UVA and UVB protection. It is water resistant. My dermatologist gave me this long list of things to look for in a sunscreen... So long that I didn't care to read all of it. It would have been much easier for her to just tell me what to buy. I want to know if "GoodSense" is a good preventive sunscreen...
Thanks

Helpful Tips

Living with Cancer
From personal experience, my first year, like yours, has been difficult at times. I have been treated for prostate cancer, and I will not ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 23 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.