Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.
An odd-shaped, possibly new mole got ripped off. Help!
wowzers posted:
I scratched the underside of my forearm today on a piece of furniture and when I looked there was a black thing hanging off of the skin. It was about half the size of a pencil eraser or less, but it was irregularly shaped. I had noticed it the other day but thought it was a scab. It came clean off of my body and was pretty soft to the touch. It also looked in the light like you could see the ripples of skin in it, which made me think it was a mole. I don't think this has been on me all of my life. So now I have the mole on a napkin (it's hard now?) and the wound is very shallow and bled a little but doesn't hurt. How bad does this sound? It's after hours here so I think I will have to go to the doctor tomorrow. Thank you.

Helpful Tips

Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding Ctrl on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. Could be ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 28 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.