Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.
Possible basal cell carcinoma? (with picture)
dnc1993 posted:
Earlier this week I noticed this small pink patch on the lower half of my inner thigh. I don't generally inspect my body for skin lesions, as I have never been prone to moles, skin tags, body acne, etc...So I can't say for certain how long it was there, whether it developed over time, or it appeared suddenly. The main thing that caught my attention was that it looks like a bump or a sore but it doesn't itch or sting. It's not irritating in any way. But I did some searching and believe it may be a pretty minor case of BCC. It's slightly raised, pink, and there is some peeling skin in the center. I clippered the hair around it and also darkened the pictures slightly to show detail. It's much more pale looking in real life.

On one hand I doubt that it's BCC as it's on a part of my body that has probably never seen daylight. I'm not one to spend much time outside, and when I do it's primarily my face and arms that are exposed. I also understand that it develops more often in older people. I'm only 20 years old. On the other hand, it does seem to match the appearance of some of the BCC pics I've found online; although I realize that a pink bump with slight peeling is about as nonspecific as it gets, and could be any number of other things. Just looking for some input, thanks!

dnc1993 responded:
Picture has been deleted for some reason, here it is again:

Helpful Tips

Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding Ctrl on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. Could be ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 28 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.