Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.
Diagnosis of melanoma in situ - what to watch for
patriciaj5 posted:
Two symptoms a dermatologist told me to watch for as an indicator of possible developing stages of melanoma are changes in vision and hearing. Is there a link between serious skin cancers and developing tumors in the eye or ear?.

atti_editor responded:
Hi patriciaj5,

While we cannot give medical advice or diagnosis on this board, you might want to look at these pieces of information on metastatic brain tumors and Intraocular (Eye) Melanoma . The information on metastatic brain tumors lists vision and hearing problems as possible symptoms and mentions malignant melanoma as one of the most common primary tumors to spread to the brain. This might be what your doctor was referring to. I suggest you talk with him and clarify exactly what he was referring to so that everything is clear for you.

Best wishes,
Atti

patriciaj5 replied to atti_editor's response:
Thanks so much - that was exactly the info I was looking for.

atti_editor replied to patriciaj5's response:
Glad I could help!

Helpful Tips

Living with Cancer
From personal experience, my first year, like yours, has been difficult at times. I have been treated for prostate cancer, and I will not ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 23 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.