Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Watery discharge with clots a perimenopause symptom?
An_205750 posted:
Hello,
I'm 42 and recently experienced a very light pink, very watery discharge with a few small blood clots. I've never had anything like that before. Initially my thoughts were that something was terribly wrong (I always go to the worst-case scenario first!) but now I'm wondering if that type of watery discharge is simply a common perimenopausal symptom? If anyone else has any experience with something similar I'd appreciate any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks! =)

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Linda,

I tend to think the worst too. :) Any changes in your menstrual cycle should be looked at by you GYN. Is this discharge happening when you are not on your menstrual cycle?
Expect problems and eat them for breakfast! Alfred A. Montapert

An_205751 replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
It's been a month since I last posted that and I had the exact same thing happen again - a little gush of pink discharge and then it stops. Both times it happened about a week before my period is due. So I'm thinking that it's just a new change in my cycle. Thank you Lainey if you still happen to check in here from time to time! =)

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to An_205751's response:
Hi Anon_34616,

You are very welcome and I am so glad for your update!

I wonder if what you are (now experiencing) monthly is a common change for perimenopause. Good question for Dr. Minkin!

This community is fortunate to have Annie as the moderator! She is experiencing menopause herself and you can rely on her for those changes from perimenopause to menopause. :)

Lainey
Expect problems and eat them for breakfast! Alfred A. Montapert

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Estring worked for me
I've had this problem periodically since menopause - I am now 67. Cure for me was Estring, which actually causes a pleasant sort of sweet ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website