Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
365 days without a period
Debbe16 posted:
The definition of menopause is 365 days without a period, correct?
Do you start the count from the 1st day of your last period? My last period started 5/25/2010, does that mean as of tomorrow i have reached my 365?

Mary Jane Minkin, MD responded:
Dear Debbe,
I must confess we're usually not that literal-most folks do count from the last day of your period-but I hope by now you're almost there-
Good luck,
Mary Jane

cilla1960 replied to Mary Jane Minkin, MD's response:
I didn't have a period for a year and guess what it returned May 9th 2011. I bled for a week a normal flow. I thought i reached that plateau, but apparently i didn't. My endocronologist confirmed with my FSH 51.9 and my gyn didn't want to give me another depo shot because he said i didn't need because I won't get pregnant. so what gives?

Priscilla

IrwinsLady replied to cilla1960's response:
why did you see and endocronologist

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Physical activity at midlifeExpert
Regular physical activity is a vital part of every midlife woman?s life, preserving physical and mental health and improving quality of ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website