Skip to content
Vaginal dryness
moro56 posted:
I am 55 and had a hysterectomy 2 years ago. The last 1-2 years I have been dealing with intense vaginal dryness and itching. This has really become a problem. I have tried about everything--Premarin cream, Vagicil, special vaginal wash solutions, etc. But still I have this problem. I have tried lately Vaseline which works as well as anything else. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Kaiseroni responded:
I have a similiar problem, just started about a week ago. Though it was a yeast infection because I had just finished antibiotics. Diflucan did not help. I am seeing my gyn on Friday for another issue and will be discussing this with her. I too have tried the vaseline. Cheap and works ok.
Still not 100% relief

Rhondamay responded:
I am about your age and have experienced the same symptoms. My Dr. prescribed Estring, it is a low dose estrogen ring that you insert in the vagina and it lasts about three months. It works great and doesn't put estrogen anywhere except where it is most needed. My Dr. also prescribed Estrace cream to use on the "exterior parts". This along with more frequent sex helps a lot. Don't under estimate the value of frequent sex to stimulate the blood flow in this sensitive area.

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Physical activity at midlifeExpert
Regular physical activity is a vital part of every midlife woman?s life, preserving physical and mental health and improving quality of ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website