Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
can this be part of menopause too???
thegirtle posted:
Hi everyone,
in the past couple of weeks i have started having pains in my joints, especially my fingers, behind the knees and my feet, and i am just wondering if this could be another symptom of menopause, i was just wondering if anyone else has these symptoms associated with menopause or could it be something else.
looking forward to getting your reply.
thanks!

Just2peachy responded:
Actually that is one of my symptoms too. It started with pains in my knees last summer and sinse then I'm in full blown symptoms: hot flashes, night sweats, all the other stuff as well as the joint pains in my fingers, shoulders, hips, knees and feet. It's bad only on some days (the joint pain) and other days it's virtually not there. I find tylenol in the morning usually helps. I get really stiff in the mornings getting out of bed. I have no history of arthritis. I'm thinking it's all part of hormonal upheaval, but wow, THIS IS REALLY HARD!!! I'm a crazed woman.

Songstress46 responded:
Hi thegirtle, I too have been having these symptoms..especially the joint pain, the behind the knee just started a week or so ago but pain in my hips have been there for a while. I absolutly hate it!! At first I thought it might be signs of Fibromyalgia. My skin is really being attacked with acne all over again it feels like I'm going through puberty..lol..

Mary Jane Minkin, MD replied to Songstress46's response:
Dear Songstress,
Certainly a possibility-sounds like you are still having periods? If you are in good health and a non smoker, you could consider a trial of a low dose birth control pill-and see how you feel-it just might help.
Good luck,
Mary Jane

thegirtle responded:
thanks for the replys!! i just got my period after four mounths and the pains seem to be gone i guess it is all releated, just waiting to see what the next symptom of menopause will be!!, oh the joys!!!! golden years my eye!!

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

mood swings/menopause
I have so much empathy for all women that go through this,either mild or severe.I was put on a hormone,very low dose because I have 4 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website