Skip to content
Is crying a part of menopause???
elilzabeth50 posted:
Hi, I am having a terrible time with emotions now that I am in menopause. I always feel like emotions are right in my throat, and if you look at me wrong I will cry! My doctor prescribed Zoloft, but had some side effects from that so I had to stop. Is anyone aware of anything that I can take to help turn off the water works! My daughter is getting married in about 8 months and I have to get this under control before then!

Thanks!

countrywillow responded:
Elizabeth50, I too have been having a terrible time with my emotions. Every time my Fiance trys to do something good for me as I have just had my left knee replacement and can't do all the cleaning in the house I blow up and cry as if it is an attack on my womenhood. I have never had kids and lost my mom to cancer in 2003 . I miss her so much and wish she was here to help me thru this. I was the only daughter and had 4 brothers. Its driving me crazy and now I am after going throw 6 years of councling for the death of my Mom and then 4 years later the death of my husband at 47 from colon cancer , I have tryed to go forward but thing just keep coming back that make me sad and cry most of the time. I am on cymbalta and it has helped alot you might ask about this one.

memilly replied to countrywillow's response:
the best thing that has ever happened to me is primrose oil recommended by my gyno. i never cry or get butt hurt about anything hardly. it is my miracle and way better that st. johns wort-which interferes with other prescription drugs like birth control for one..it works for ovulation pressure i can still experience and cramps i am 55 if i forget it for a couple weeks i return to a weeping willow again then within taking it for another week to two i am better again Wonderful good luck
ps i still menstruate every 3 or 4 months and the primrose helps with all symptoms its good for young ladies too
but i don't know about this if you are on an antidepressant check with your doctor or pharmacist

memilly replied to countrywillow's response:
being sad is sometimes hard to deal with if you feel out of control. i swear by primrose oil but do make sure if you are taking an antidepressant to check with your doctor. i think its a wonder supplement, recommended by my doctor. you won't even notice it has worked till you don't take it for a couple weeks and your sadness and anxiety returns. then it will take effect again in couple of weeks of returning to reg dosages again
i love it good luck i certainly works for me and i don't take drugs at all. it's natural

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Physical activity at midlifeExpert
Regular physical activity is a vital part of every midlife woman?s life, preserving physical and mental health and improving quality of ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website