Skip to content
sore erect nipples
tgrumpy posted:
My fiancé is having a problem with her breasts well to be more exact her nipples. She is 50ish suffering through menopause . The problem is her nipples are erect nearly constantly and very sore or as she puts it RAW. there is no discharge at all, no lumps, just RAW. Now this is where the embarrassment starts . We have a VERY VERY happy sex life and Oral sex is part of our LOVE making. We found out that due to me having false teeth I harbor yeast between my plate and roof of my mouth. This caused her to get a yeast infection. So now I remove my false teeth and brush and rinse with mouth wash and there hasn't been a problem since we found this out. Now the Question. Can she contact a yeast infection in her nipples if my teeth weren't removed before we engaged in our "TIME"? I had read on WEBmd that a breast feeding baby can pass a yeast infection to mom if baby had thrush. Am I the baby in this instance? Please help us I don't like seeing her in pain. Thanks for your help, Grumps -- The wonder of it all is not that we met, But that We LOVED and STILL DO !!!

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Grumps (tgrumpy), I definitely think your idea of what might have happened is a good one. She should see her doctor and explain to him or her exactly what you explained to us. If it turns out your guess is wrong, the doctor should be able to explain just what it is, she can get treated, and you both will feel better. Best wishes, Byroney

Okiehealth responded:
This also could be happening if her hormones are fluctuating, maybe estrogen is dominant. This has happened to me and lasts for a couple weeks, then may not again for 6 months. I am 50 and definately have fluctuating hormone problems.

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Menopause - Younger Ages
For those of you out there that are going/gone through menopause at an early age, Yes it happens. It's unusual but it happened to me. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website