Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
BV
Anon_172447 posted:
Is there any OTC medication that can be use for BV. I can't afford to make a doctor's visit? Thank you.

rhondamay responded:
I don't think there is any over the counter meds that will help with bacterial vaginosis. You need antibiotics to combat this and at least in the U.S. they require a prescription. You might check with the local city or county health department or Planned Parenthood.

Good luck!

Rhonda

Anon_160335 responded:
No medication for BV OTC.

Are you sure it is BV? Do you have a doctor that you have seen in the past that might call you something in over the phone? The worse thing they can say is no.

If you have used a doctor, would he/she let you pay something monthly to pay the bill off?

Is there a free clinic in you city?

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Fact or fiction? Estrogen therapy is an option for all menopausal womenExpert
Fiction: Only women who no longer have a uterus should consider using esdtrogen-alone therapy (ET). For women with a uterus, the option ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website