need to know
An_241889 posted:
Hi I am 43 years old and have had a partial hestorectomy when i was 26 yrs old I am wanting to know how I know I am going through menopause I get the mood swings bad and hot flashes alot Can someone please help me Thank You

rhondamay responded:
I assume by partial hysterectomy you have intact ovaries. I also had my uterus and cervix removed at about the same age as you did. I started with the hotflashes at 50 and then came thinning hair, mood swings, loss of libido, vaginal dryness, insomnia and general bitchiness. My husband was and is a saint to be so patient with me. I would guess you are perimenopausal if not in full menopause. The symptoms vary with individual women and few of them are much fun. I understand some women have few or no significant symptoms. I seemed to get them all. HRT helps greatly and since you and I are without our uteruses we can safely take estrogen without progesterone and get some relief.

Good luck,

Rhonda

someonewhocares3 responded:
Based on your symptoms, it sounds like you're going through menopause. Women who've had a hyst usually go through menopause about 4 years earlier than intact women. I believe an FSH test can be done to determine if you're in menopause.

Hope you get some relief soon!